When you close the audio playback channel on a beagleboard running Linux (I'm running the Launchpad beagleboard-kernel, but I'm not aware of any version where this has been fixed), you get a really loud "pop" five seconds later when the driver removes power from the playback hardware. Here's a simple hack to prevent that from happening. Read more.
- no-pop (Patch file)
Posted Tuesday 22-Dec-2009 16:52, 6 comments.
Blackbird is a modern music editor for the Commodore 64. It was released at Datastorm 2017 (outside of the compos). The software has been designed to work well both on real hardware and in emulators, and it comes with a comprehensive User's Guide. Read more.
Posted Wednesday 15-Mar-2017 08:09, 0 comments.
Plasma is a small (637 lines of source code) tool for compiling and concatenating propeller assembly language (PASM) and binary data. It extends PASM with some new features, most notably ARM-like constant pools. Read more.
- plasma-1.0 (Source code, 7 kB)
Posted Monday 11-May-2009 18:47, 3 comments.
Spindle is an integrated linking, loading and crunching solution for C64 trackmos. By hiding the details of the storage model, it allows the demo coder to focus on effects, transitions and flow. Read more.
- spindle-2.3 (Source tarball, 113 kB)
- spindle-2.3-win32 (Spin win32 binary + example, 75 kB)
- spindle-2.2 (Source tarball, 112 kB)
- spindle-2.2-win32 (Spin win32 binary + example, 74 kB)
- spindle-2.1 (Source tarball, 111 kB)
- spindle-2.1-win32 (Spin win32 binary + example, 73 kB)
- spindle-2.0 (Source tarball, 111 kB)
- spindle-2.0-win32 (Spin win32 binary + example, 72 kB)
Posted Tuesday 30-Jun-2015 23:48, 4 comments.
Coders who use vim a lot may be familiar with an irritating race condition that appears on some systems: You save the source code, suspend vim using ^Z, and then immediately start typing a command (such as "make"), and sometimes the first few characters of the command are lost. The obvious workaround is to always wait for the shell prompt after typing ^Z, but this gets annoying after a while. I decided to dig deeper and see if I could find a quick fix. Read more.
Posted Wednesday 18-Dec-2013 16:29, 7 comments.
- zeugma-c64-reu-1.2 (C64 executable file, 16.5 kB)
- zeugma-c64-reu-src-1.2 (Source tarball, 29 kB)
- zeugma-c64-reu-1.1 (C64 executable file, 16.5 kB)
- zeugma-c64-reu-src-1.1 (Source tarball, 29 kB)
- zeugma-c64-reu-1.0 (C64 executable file, 16.5 kB)
- zeugma-c64-reu-widehack-1.0 (C64 executable file, 16.5 kB)
- zeugma-c64-reu-src-1.0 (Source tarball, 29 kB)
Posted Friday 23-Aug-2013 01:14, 27 comments.