Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Jun 2017

A Mind Is Born

Anonymous
Mon 5-Jun-2017 19:59
Ditto! Thanks!

lft wrote:

So, Linus, any chance we could get an official SID version? :)

Done & added to the Downloads section.

(Same guy here)
Thank-you very much, I'm sure I won't be the only one who much appreciates it :)

Autosokoban

Anonymous
Mon 12-Jun-2017 11:04
How is the difficulty of the levels determined?

Fratres

Anonymous
Mon 12-Jun-2017 15:13
I heard Fraters for a choir in Tallinn, Part's native city, a few weeks back with the master present - it was sublime. Thank you for your analysis, which I found rather interesting.

Actually Pärt was born in Paide, Estonia and was raised in Rakvere in northern Estonia.

A Mind Is Born

Anonymous
Tue 13-Jun-2017 15:47
A Mind is born, mine is blown.

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Tue 13-Jun-2017 21:18
Just wanted to leave another pile of thanks for this great article.
Regards,
jvlns

PO-2x

jostein_topland
Jostein Topland
Wed 14-Jun-2017 00:53
Just got the PO-20 and PO-28. Awesome instruments!

I'm missing having the option to set a different scale. Any plans for an update to enable custom ones? Would like to play some tunes in a major scale..

Thanks!

Toy Rocket

Anonymous
Wed 14-Jun-2017 08:21
nice

Autosokoban

jc99
Joe Care
Thu 15-Jun-2017 02:05
On 2009 you posted "when I got time, I'll publish the source code". I hope 6 years later you can have spare time to share you knowledge with us! :)
Hi, Sokoban is still sooooooo addictive ...
Now it's 2017 how about the source code now ?
Or at least tell us more about your solution.
The first part I think is a base-room that you modify with several templates.

Massively Interleaved Sprite Crunch

Anonymous
Thu 15-Jun-2017 14:44
I'm really a novice ... I almost understood nothing with your disquisitions except some basic concept... I envy you deeply :) ...
Thanks guys for your passion and for you knowledge sharing !

Lunatico

Anonymous
Thu 22-Jun-2017 18:44
Ok final update :)

No, it's a plain C64C with some chips changed during the years when they died. CIA #2 is one of the substituted chips, so I can try with a different one, just in case.

The substituted CIA was the #1 and indeed, using another one in place of the almost-fully-working-one that I had put in place of a failed one, solved the start from the note problem of Lunatico.
That CIA worked well in any other game/demo I could try (not many indeed, but quite a few).
I had another occasion to watch the demo on real hardware anyway (old 1702 CRT monitor) :)
Best regards
IZ8DWF

A Mind Is Born

Anonymous
Fri 23-Jun-2017 21:50
This is a brilliant, fantastic piece of code, thank you very much for it!

I thought it was a little short however. And although I am no expert in assembler nor C64, your explanations were helpful enough for me to change $41 from 3F to FF. I thought to prolong the demo by a factor of 4 this way. I was amazed (and still don't understand) that this made the program to just go on and on and on. At two points I thought it started deteriorating, but it found its way back. Maybe you have an idea why it seems not to end? Does your 16-bit counter cause a large loop in some way?

Anyway, if at any point in time I'm giving a lecture on procedural generation, this will definitely be part of the course, probably the introduction. It is too great an example on procedural generation to miss out on.

Best regards, and many thanks from Marburg!

Beagleboard VGA output

Anonymous
Fri 30-Jun-2017 14:15
If I want to modify the schematic to fit a 40 pin tft, would I continue the resistance chain to fit the 8 channel RGB? or do I recalculate the resistance based on a total?
I have no experience with working with the confusing and complex LCD variations. to be honest, I don't know what to do with most the LCD pins on a BBB
for reference: https://www.element14.com/community/message/224509/l/bbb-and-tft-lcd-driver-board#224509

Toy Rocket

Anonymous
Fri 30-Jun-2017 22:41
always