Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Feb 2013

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Sat 2-Feb-2013 20:20
youknowspacesaredistractingwemightaswellremovethemfromourproselanguageaswellwhybotherwiththembeingabletoparsetheindividualwordsisn'tasimportantasunderstandingthesentancesandparagraphsasawhole

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Wed 6-Feb-2013 01:27
Very useful article, thanks.

A couple of clarifications that would be great:

1. It seems that there is a 1:1 correspondence between a session and the associated tty (bearing in mind that the associated tty may be "none") - is that true? In other words, can one session include processes with different ttys, and can processes in two different sessions be associated with the same tty? (and if so... what does that mean?!)

2. What are the exact rules for automatic raising of SIGHUP? It seems that this is raised by the TTY driver, right? Does the POSIX specification specify when this should happen and who should receive it, and does Linux follow that? I have a confusing situation involving ssh -t raising SIGHUP on exit, while logging out of an interactive ssh login apparently does not.

Thanks
D

Rasp64

Anonymous
Fri 8-Feb-2013 10:14
If I may ask a little off-topic question: What software do you use to design your breadboard layouts?
TIA, Mike.

A case against syntax highlighting

Anonymous
Mon 11-Feb-2013 01:03
I have an idea. Text editors should not highlight anything but comments and _incorrect_ syntax. This way we are distracted towards the error, to fix it, else we focus in the code at the semantic level.

What do you think about that?

Cheers,
Sam.

About me

Anonymous
Mon 11-Feb-2013 06:37
Linus, I was blown away when I ran Turbulence on my Propeller demo board. If you'd asked me before whether one could cram a piece like that into 32 Kb, I'd have said no way. That's an amazing piece of work.

Ran into your name on the Parallax forums on a Propeller assembler thread. I'll be looking through your source code for neat hacks that might help me out in my project as I'm taking a break from large memory model programming and going back to small address spaces in order to come up with an ambulatory physiologic monitor. Turbulence showed me that the Propeller was more than adequate for the task.

The other thing Turbulence brings up are some interesting speculations on how the brain stores memories as obviously one can use a tiny bit of information as a seed to computationally recreate a far more elaborate structure.

Boris Gimbarzevsky

Rasp64

Anonymous
Mon 11-Feb-2013 22:32
Hey, you briefly explained this setup to me at Datastorm. Really brilliant, especially the scroll hack! I messed around a bit with REUs recently, though, and thought you might load the scrolling off to that, where you could read the whole screen RAM in and write the bottom 960 bytes back to the top. OTOH, a pure C64 solution is much more elegant :)

//linde

About me

Anonymous
Tue 12-Feb-2013 13:34
Thanx for your work on the C64, lately. You solved some misteries and got a nice Rasberryproject on the line ;)

Rasp64

Anonymous
Wed 13-Feb-2013 06:07
Absolutely brilliant! Good job!!!

(foto)

Anonymous
Fri 15-Feb-2013 21:34
Sa du voidpekare?
Du är världens gulligaste!

The Chipophone

Anonymous
Tue 19-Feb-2013 12:03
I would seriously like to see how to build one. I have limited knowledge on how to do stuff like this, so a step by step video of some sort would be good. Also, were I to make one, any ideas on a model? I know most people would go for whatever is cheap, but I like the layout yours has, it's easier to work with when playing and is also quite compact. I'm from America so I don't know if you'd know many models that would fit that are more accessible for me, I'm just interested to know (truth be told I'd probably find a way to get one from Sweden that matches yours if I had to XD)

Rasp64

Anonymous
Fri 22-Feb-2013 21:24
What a coincidence: a couple days ago, I was asking myself if you, being the skillful hardware/software artisan you are, had heard about the Raspberry Pi and what you thought of it... My questions were answered, it seems!

Making the Chipophone

Anonymous
Sun 24-Feb-2013 01:25
Is there any way I could get a schematic for this?

Carol of the Bells

Anonymous
Sun 24-Feb-2013 19:21
One of my favourite christmas songs. Very nice.

/grip

Hardsync

Anonymous
Mon 25-Feb-2013 15:56
Is the menu theme your own work. It's an awesome tune.

Making the Chipophone

Anonymous
Wed 27-Feb-2013 03:07
omg dude, i want one so bad! D: there at least needs to be an app or something :P great job, this is amazing! these need to be mass produced, and you get credit :D you are freaking awesome dude!! :DDDD