Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Jan 2022

Making the Chipophone

Anonymous
Sat 1-Jan-2022 09:44
I have a 89,000 dollar offer for the chipophone, and would like to buy it. May I?
lft
Linus Åkesson
Sat 1-Jan-2022 15:11
I have a 89,000 dollar offer for the chipophone, and would like to buy it. May I?

That is a respectable sum, but the chipophone is quite dear to me so I think I'll hang onto it for the time being.

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Tue 4-Jan-2022 03:11
So as a convenience, the operating system provides an editing buffer and some rudimentary editing commands (backspace, erase word, clear line, reprint)

Can anybody supply examples of how these listed commands may be applied to an incoming command? When can the machine decide to deprive the command of all word (i.e. erase it from the command)?

I don't think the buffer allows one to erase a word from a command that has been sent.
An example of how the buffer works is when you're typing a command in a console and, before hitting enter, decide to delete some characters to fix a typo.

Monti On The 'Bin

Anonymous
Thu 13-Jan-2022 00:55
very interesting

GCR decoding on the fly

Anonymous
Fri 14-Jan-2022 22:17
All nice, but I prefer MFM as it stores much more.
@reumerd
It doesn't. GCR encoding is more efficient than MFM. But an 80-track double-sided diskette format such as the Amiga will certainly hold more data than a 35-track single-sided C64 diskette, regardless of format.

Monti On The 'Bin

Anonymous
Fri 21-Jan-2022 12:44
Imponerande!

My music on streaming platforms

Anonymous
Thu 27-Jan-2022 09:32
Air on a rasterline! Could listen to that all day!