Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Jan 2013

Making the Chipophone

Anonymous
Thu 3-Jan-2013 08:56
This may be the most beautiful instrument ever. You have to show exactly how to do it, meanwhile Ill hook up the soldering pen.
Anonymous
Thu 3-Jan-2013 15:06
a proper fix to an organ... sweeet. C64 would sound way better in chuch ha ha

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Fri 4-Jan-2013 15:38
Excellent!! Thank you very much for this article. Watching and trying to understand technological issues via their historical context and being showed how they evolved make it really a pleasure to follow your explanations and very easy to get them.

Craft

Anonymous
Sun 6-Jan-2013 06:05
Looking forward to your next project, whatever it may be!
Have you dug into the XMega yet? It has serious juice and can overclock up to 64MHz easily.
I did a bitbanged NTSC color and sound system all in software using an XMega384...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFOTpM2Jn4

XMega must be the greatest 8 bit micro yet!

Cheers,
Brad

Hardsync

Anonymous
Tue 8-Jan-2013 09:43
Great work! Are there any songpacks available that you know of? Or a tool to help 'record' steps? That would be ideal.. a tool that played the SID file and allowed you to record the stepcharts by user input as it played like in stepmania.

The hardware chiptune project

Anonymous
Wed 9-Jan-2013 05:45
Very impressive and great sound!

Kernighan's lever

Anonymous
Fri 11-Jan-2013 13:06

mporshnev wrote:

"лучше гор могут быть только горы, на которых ещё не бывал"

Or, loosely translated to English, "Better than a mountain can only be mountains you have not scaled yet".

Nymphaea

mporshnev
Max Porshnev
Sun 13-Jan-2013 13:35
Performed some experiments. E5 sounds bad with arc waveform (probably because of my hardware). Better leave it as is.

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Mon 14-Jan-2013 00:57
I would love to produce this device for people to buy. Contact me if you are interested at emil@eimer.dk

The hardware chiptune project

Anonymous
Thu 17-Jan-2013 00:33
Impressive! Can you make a page where you explain the different kinds of waveforms, their sound in relation with the frequency (mostly for the different drum sounds with a noise wave)? It would be awesome!

Riccardo
mporshnev
Max Porshnev
Thu 17-Jan-2013 06:44

Riccardo wrote:

Can you make a page where you explain the different kinds of waveforms
http://www.linusakesson.net/music/elements/index.php

Hardsync

Anonymous
Thu 17-Jan-2013 14:11
In the name of great gravity! This is kewl!

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Fri 18-Jan-2013 23:26
When I saw the video on YouTube, I immediately thought that I would have built one. And then I realized that the software and the schematic were not available.
:C

Beagleboard VGA output

Anonymous
Sat 19-Jan-2013 06:31
do i have to give separate 5V and gnd or ds the ckt inherently take it from the board..??

Hardsync

Anonymous
Sat 19-Jan-2013 14:06
Well done on appearing in Retro Gamer magazine (UK) in the Homebrew section! You scored 91% in the review.

Castlevania

Anonymous
Wed 23-Jan-2013 14:55
As soon as you started playing bloody tears, I got a chill up my spine.

Live at LCP 2011

mporshnev
Max Porshnev
Fri 25-Jan-2013 09:30
Heh! There is a russian song called "Позвони мне, позвони..." (1981). Did Rob Hubbard take the melody for "One Man And His Droid" from that song? :-)

Kernighan's lever

Anonymous
Sun 27-Jan-2013 01:33
You just put delicate words onto an everyday personnal feeling. And the tricky part about motivation is not an issue IMHO, because there is no biggest reward than feeling improvement of one's skill. This is self-motivating. Having an idea and code it in the boredom area in order to avoid frustration is like treating your own idea with disrespect. I prefer writing code that respects any original idea thus requiring full capability, which will likely lead to bugs and so on, as you said, but also, hopefully, to a point where you honored your idea (and fixed your bugs).

The bitbuf

Anonymous
Wed 30-Jan-2013 01:59
GREAT! Respect from Russia. Would buy one)

Earthworm Quest

Anonymous
Thu 31-Jan-2013 12:58
BIGGEST PEICE OF SHIT EVER... CALL OF DUTY LOLOLOLOL
im a lonely twat who lives in my room and plays COD... max level in 20 days!!!

IM SOOooooo MLG!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Totally not some big headed faggot sat behind us.
Aka type in iParky on internet... he is a fag