Forum
Register
Log in
Latest comments
Syndication
RSS feed
Feedback

Forum comments in chronological order

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what people (other than myself) write in the forums. Please report any abuse, such as insults, slander, spam and illegal material, and I will take appropriate actions. Don't feed the trolls.

Jag tar inget ansvar för det som skrivs i forumet, förutom mina egna inlägg. Vänligen rapportera alla inlägg som bryter mot reglerna, så ska jag se vad jag kan göra. Som regelbrott räknas till exempel förolämpningar, förtal, spam och olagligt material. Mata inte trålarna.

Mar 2016

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Thu 10-Mar-2016 01:06
This and all OK.. But.. I have one doubt for long time... In case of terminal emulator we can navigate/scroll using mouse.. How do we scroll/navigate inside TTY (I am a Linux beginner.. So sorry if it's a stupid question)

Wintergatan Marble Machine 8-bit jam

Anonymous
Wed 16-Mar-2016 18:41
live is hard dude... great job.

Phasor

Anonymous
Mon 21-Mar-2016 08:08
Genial.

Autosokoban

Anonymous
Tue 22-Mar-2016 22:56
Can I use the generated levels is a app that will have extra packs that the user will buy it? The credits I will cite you page. Thanks

Craft

Anonymous
Mon 28-Mar-2016 14:36
Hi!
Looking at the ASCII-drawing compared to the images of the craft, I see only 1 10uF capacitor, but there are two (seemingly) identical capacitors on the images of the 'real' craft?
I'm attempting to build one of these beauties, so I need to figure out what parts I need :-)
Amazing work, btw!

A Computer In My Backpack (And A Chiptune In My Heart)

Anonymous
Tue 29-Mar-2016 14:45
Dank tune, m8. Are you going to render the demo out for a YouTube video for us plebs who can't run the demo?

The TTY demystified

lft
Linus Åkesson
Tue 29-Mar-2016 22:35
This and all OK.. But.. I have one doubt for long time... In case of terminal emulator we can navigate/scroll using mouse.. How do we scroll/navigate inside TTY (I am a Linux beginner.. So sorry if it's a stupid question)

Hi! That is not handled by the TTY layer, it is done by the terminal emulator itself. Whenever something scrolls off-screen, it is appended to a scrollback buffer, which you can then view using GUI controls or keyboard shortcuts.

Autosokoban

lft
Linus Åkesson
Tue 29-Mar-2016 22:41
Can I use the generated levels is a app that will have extra packs that the user will buy it? The credits I will cite you page. Thanks

Hi! I saw your mail about this; sorry for not replying sooner. Yes, you can use levels that you got from my level generator. But don't hook up the app directly to the online generator, because that would increase my bandwidth requirements. Include a credit and a link to my page somewhere.

The same permission is hereby granted to anybody else who wants to do the same.

Craft

lft
Linus Åkesson
Tue 29-Mar-2016 22:44
Hi!
Looking at the ASCII-drawing compared to the images of the craft, I see only 1 10uF capacitor, but there are two (seemingly) identical capacitors on the images of the 'real' craft?
I'm attempting to build one of these beauties, so I need to figure out what parts I need :-)
Amazing work, btw!

You are right; I have forgotten to include the decoupling capacitor to the schematic. It's a 10 uF electrolytic that connects to Vcc on the plus side, and Gnd on the minus side. Its purpose is to stabilise the power supply against transients in the demand.

lft
Linus Åkesson
Tue 29-Mar-2016 22:48
Thanks!
It's a tune, not a demo, so there wouldn't be anything interesting to see. If you run the C64 executable, you get to watch the name of the tune and a visualisation of the CPU time used by the playroutine. But you're not really missing anything if you stick with the MP3.

The TTY demystified

Anonymous
Wed 30-Mar-2016 22:02
Yes! More than I was looking for, but I'm not complaining. Brilliant article, and now I know enough to stay the fuck away until I must.

Anonymous
Wed 30-Mar-2016 22:30
Nice tune! I play it on SIDPlayer.